Tuesday, February 22, 2005

NEBY, music and other things of interest

Everyone needs their life shaken up once in a while. Everyone needs their reality to be tested. Everyone needs to cry at beauty.

This past weekend I attended NEBY Fest. I had an amazing time and I think I really am still there. There was a lot of talk about love and the martyrs of our faith. It was moving. I was able to see some of the most amazing people I think I will ever know. There is one man who I have thought for quite some time is special and I always assumed the whole world had to agree. It wasn't until I saw him at the airport getting ready to leave yesterday that I realized no one around him knew how crazy amazing he is.
At the festival I heard great musical artists. I was able to hear and meet Omnisoul, a cool little band that swears they are going to come visit the midwest. Martin Kerr has a wonderful voice and Gen thinks his sound is the future of Baha'i artists. The performance that I was entrirely shaken by was that of Vienna Teng. She seems to have a truly lovely soul. She was very nice and open with us all and it was interesting to watch her performance evolve throughout the night. I can't really believe that I met her. Music soothes and gladdens my heart.

5 comments:

Shayan Hashimoto said...

I'm glad you had fun

Anonymous said...

sorry i didnt call you. i tried once but it didnt work. i'll try again soon.
did you get my mail? i booked my flight and i just wanted to tell you the exact dates to see if everything works out as planed.

Anonymous said...

Exactly.

Anonymous said...

Madeline!
It was an awesome time, and I already miss you all very much. I hope genvieve told you, but if she didn't. MY DAD MIGHT GET A JOB IN KANSAS!!! (it's witchta, but still, kansas!) Love you!

Anonymous said...

It was amazing time, I loved it soo much. the speakers were so great, especially that man at the airport, right?
Waiting for pictures if any,right?
asinA

wink,means Anisa