Sunday, February 27, 2005

Ayyam'i'ha

I would like to start of by asking, is it sad that a two year old can whistle and I cannot? I agree.

Ayyam'i'ha has been very grand. Friday night there was a killer party!! Haha. The youth planned a party and a good number of people came.

After devotions and a lot of food the hindi, arabic and persian music was played and people began to dance. I always love to dance at Baha'i things...there is a different vibe there than at other dancing functions. There were games for the little kids which, even though they were in no way fancy, they enjoyed.

Saturday evening I went out to dinner with my brother. It was such a good time! We got Greek food and I confessed to him possibly my greatest fear...the 70's. Yes. The 1970's. I told him how it seems like the 70's was just filled with drugs, serial killers and cults. I think he was trying really hard not to make fun of me.

When I got back home, there were still guests from the devotionals my parents held. I chatted with them for a short while but then I got a phone call from Sara Marie. I really love this girl and miss her terribly. It was very nice to hear her voice and talk with her about Ayyam'i'ha and start to make plans to meet together soon.

I miss Hannah a lot. I am so excited that she is coming to visit from Germany. I feel like she has been away from home far too long. She is coming a day before Nebraksa School, so if she wants to we will go there. Then after that the mural project will be held and of course after that the Ethnic festival will be up in Grand Island. I know it's too early to be thinking of these things...but...I am just excited!

There are so many people that I wish I could see right now!! I just want to give so many of you hugs and then run off. Well..no...I'd like to talk with you also.

I really like the saying you learn something every day...and just in case you haven't learned anything yet...

In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.

In Idaho a citizen is forbidden by law to give another citizen a box of candy that weighs more than 50 pounds. (keep this in mind around ayyam'i'ha shopping time)

In New York State, it is still illegal to shoot a rabbit from a moving trolley car.

In Riverside, California, there is an old law on the city's books which makes it illegal to kiss unless both people wipe their lips with rose water.

The Giant cricket of Africa enjoys eating human hair.

Ostriches are often not taken seriously. They can run faster than horses, and the males can roar like lions.

The lifespan of a squirrel is about nine years.

Tuatara lizards, from New Zealand, have two eyes in the center of their heads and a third one on top of their heads.

Giraffes can't cough.

All shrimp are born male, but slowly grow into females as they mature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those slap bracelets..is that what you call them? they were a hit.

girafsanehs cough.