Thursday, November 17, 2005

A victorious return to Starbucks!...almost...

That's right. I was brave enough to go back to Starbucks after stealing the police man's coffee...possibly because it was a different location, or because i told my friend i would meet him there.

The setup! I enter starbucks a few minutes after 3:00. It's crowded, there is a not a seat anywhere. I approach the counter get my mocha all is well. my friend should come any moment. but he doesn't. about 25 minutes pass, i would call him but 1) feel like i should be more paitient 2) since people were coming over for dinner they kept calling to ask questions.

Finally, he calls me.

"Where are you"
"At starbucks..."
"Me too."
"which one are you at?"
"you told me the one on the plaza..."
"oh. yeah. there are two."

okay, how cliche is that?! we met at the wrong starbucks. I feel like i belong in a Christopher Guest film.






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the coordination!

Anonymous said...

So she was at the counter reading her J.Crew and I had my LL Bean and our eyes met across the Starbucks, my mochas still clutched in my right hand....

funny story!
Zane

Anonymous said...

Oh,nooo!
I can picture your sweet face in that picture. That's my Melon
L,
Anisa

Shayan Hashimoto said...

Guess who's still alive...

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. haha. Yeah, what catalogue were you looking at?

Anonymous said...

hahaha! i love it. but still, why starbucks when you could've been drinking indie coffee at two times the price...?

Anonymous said...

that was me by the way.... gah... sorry.. caitlin