Sunday, September 10, 2006

classic

the first person to say happy birthday to me was Linda Coulter-Jones. How fantastic! Then I got an email from my mom...And then....from borders! haha. It really made me laugh. David, shiraz, Eli, and Chris were masterful and got me a sugar-free cake complete with pink frosting ("because you're a girl" Shiraz informs me the next day) I helped clean up the kitchen after saturday night and since I stayed till after midnight, Eli and Shiraz were official the first to wish me well on the day of my birth. Then Eli ran and got a special ice cream dessert thing and told me just to have one bite...which I did...so good! my birthday turned out to be quite fantastic. the youth took me out to a second dinner, we rented two movies, and while we were driving around I decided I wanted to smoke a cigar to celebrate. We drove to a gas station and got those oh so crappy cigars. made me think of cait, andrew, richard and gen. what good times we had.

we watched both movies that night. good birthday. My presents included such wonderous things as a mini ipod, a cd, and tickets to a vienna teng concert. that's right, my birthday's theme was music. booyah!

today I went to a yoga class and it was fantastic! I mean, really really good!! You see, I hadn't done yoga in a while but as soon as the class started I could feel my body loosening up and tension being massaged out of my muscles. Afterwards the instructor came up to me and said,"I can tell that you've been doing yoga for a long time" and I thought about it. I started doing yoga when I was 13 or 14. I guess that is a while. at the end, she massaged some essential oil on the back of our necks. It was really intense and made me feel really energized. I felt like I had become remade, ready to be put into my world of tests. The world of reality. Then we had tea and fruit. I signed up for 2 months unlimited which means I can go as often as I want for one low price!

I would like to end by saying two things:

First!!! Thank you to the following people (in no particular order)

  • Afsaneh
  • Curtis
  • Georgia
  • Kersten
  • Nick
  • Lau
  • Erin

For your contributions to my project. Remember, I still need yall's help! So please send me beads or charms. It has been so exciting to see how this project is going to come together. Help me make it happen!!

Secondly...

BEST BIRTHDAY MONTH EVER!

note: i started this post on my birthday but didn't come back to finish it until sept. 16th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, so i remember getting the email about that bead/charm thing but i didnt really understand what it was all about... Can you clue in little old clueless me?