Sunday, January 08, 2006

So. In the past month some things have changed. I graduated high school on December 21st and started working full time at Target. Yeah, that's right.

When I tell people that I've graduated from school and am working they smile and say,"Welcome to the real world" and I give a small laugh and nod. What I am actually thinking is,"I'm not in the real world. I'm pretending to be in the real world. I don't have to worry about paying rent, electricity, car payments, etc. I, Madeline Eileen Johnson, am a poser."

I have had some amusing times at work thus far. Here are my top 4 favorites.

1. A guy friend came over to my lane to let me know he'd be right back to give me a break, I had been helping out an older lady at the time. I turned to give her her change and one of the coins fell from my hand. "Whoops!" I said. "He made you all flustered didn't he?" She asked. I looked at her, confused. "OOh! I'm not going there! I haven't been there in 51 years!" Huzzah

2. I asked a mom if she wanted her milk in a sack. She looked confused momentarily and then said no. Her young son then asked her,"What does milk and sex mean?" She then explained that they were from Minnesota and did not use the word sack.

3. A young girl named Fatimah said hi to me, then blew me a kiss and then told me she loved me, all under the first 10 seconds of our meeting. It was really quite precious.


4. Got a job offer as a nanny while cashiering

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And so we've passed out of the season of fammer, eh? No news about arrested development?? Where are your loyalties? With photo lab guy.... or G.O.B.?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous people can no longer write their name and link to themselves? Then how are you sposed to know who i am.... -your sister (but who am i really??)

Robbie Falconer said...

Well, I can still leave a comment and be identified! Although I don't see why I would after the betrayel melon recently sent my way. It hurt...it hurt real bad.

Anonymous said...

Yay Maddie!

You totally should have taken the nanny job. You would make the best Nanny ever. Like Mary Poppins, without the unbrella. (Unless you wanted to carry an unbrella. Cause you could pull that off too.)

Anonymous said...

The grandma cracks me up... She reminds me of the little things that my grandma says sometimes. Classic. Minnesotans don't say sacks?.... How do they double bag it then?

Anonymous said...

i wonder if you're going to post again before the passage of a whole month...?